There are now 3 trail races in the The Active Joe family of events:
- ** COMPLETED ** September 17, 2016 - Rough Creek Trail Run (10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, and 40 Miler)
- November 4-5, 2016 - Big Cedar Endurance Run (Half Marathon, 50K, 50 Mile, 100 Mile)
- February 18, 2017 - Cross Timbers Trail Run (5 Mile, Half Marathon, Marathon, 50 Mile)
(Road races also produced by The Active Joe are not part of the Trail Race Series.See the Road Race Series here for getting rewarded for running our road races.)
***If you did not complete any race distance at Rough Creek, the series is intended to be completed in calendar order - Rough Creek, Big Cedar, Cross Timbers. Because Rough Creek has passed, only Rough Creek finishers are eligible to complete the 2016 version of The Active Joe Trail Series. Therefore, if you did not race at Rough Creek, the good news is you have a great goal to train for in 2017!
And we want to reward those who love to join us for fun events all year! Our 2016 Trail Race Series provides a custom medal display for completing any timed distance at ALL THREE of The Active Joe's trail races listed above! And if you know our events, we value quality race medals, and this will be no exception!
We have set up a registration page with Athlete360 if you want to register with the ease of one-click for our most popular distance combos at the 3 events!
Trail Series benefits include:
- Trailrunning adventure on three of the best trails that North Texas has to offer
- Guaranteed lowest price tier for upcoming races
- Custom medal display to commemorate completion of The Active Joe Trail Series
- Convenient one-time registration for multiple events
It would be cumbersome to create and manage one-click registration for all distance combos at the 3 events (that's 64 combinations!). But you can always make your own combo by registering for the races individually and you'll still be counted in the series.
There are four options to complete The Active Joe Trail Series:
1) ULTRA: You completed Rough Creek 40 miler, Big Cedar 50 miler, Cross Timbers 50 miler
2) MARATHON+: You completed Rough Creek Marathon, Big Cedar 50K, Cross Timbers Marathon
3) HALF: You completed Rough Creek Half, Big Cedar Half, Cross Timbers Half
4) CUSTOM: You finished any race distance at Rough Creek, complete any race distance at Big Cedar, complete any distance at Cross Timbers*
*If you complete option 4, you must still register in order to receive the customer series finisher item ($20 cost).
When you finish the race at Cross Timbers, we'll have an area to pick up your Series finisher item before you head home (in most cases). And remember that the Series finisher item is yours regardless of which distance you run at all those races. The Series finisher item is to reward your involvement year-round with The Active Joe, and distance is irrelevant when it comes to that!
You must complete the race with a recorded race result for it to be included in the count for the 2016 Trail Race Series. Our refund policies for each race still apply, so if life happens, you can still get a refund for that portion of the entry fee for that event, even if you registered using the one-click.