The Showdown Half Marathon & 5K
Time & Location
About the Event
The Big Game? Yes, this race is the morning of that lil' ole annual gridiron clash between the University of Texas and The University of Oklahoma. Show your team spirit on race day and then we'll give you information on where to find food, drinks and of course, a big screen TV so you can cheer your favorite team on to victory without leaving the race site!
Race Day Schedule
- 6:30 am to 7:15 am – Onsite Race Day Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration
You will not be able to pick up your packet if you arrive after 7:15 am. Many of our volunteers also run the race so they need a chance to visit the portalet line and prepare before the 7:30 am half marathon start too!
- 7:00 am – Kids' 100 Yard Dash start
- 7:10 am - Line-up for the Half Marathon.
- 7:30 am – Half Marathon start
- 7:45 am – 5K start
- 8:45 am (approximately) – 5K awards
- 10:30 am (approximately) – Half Marathon awards
- 11:30 am – Course closes
- Sat, Feb 19Juniper Point TrailheadFeb 19, 2022, 6:00 AMJuniper Point Trailhead, 32843 US-377, Gordonville, TX 76245, USAAs the oldest trail run in Texas, Cross Timbers Trail Run 2022 will be the 41st annual running of this event! Enjoy the rugged trails on the shoreline of Lake Texoma on the Texas side with the cool temperatures of February.
- Date TBDFairview Town Hall
- 2021 Date TBDFairview Town Hall
- Date TBDRough Creek Lodge and Resort
- Thu, Dec 31Celebration ParkDec 31, 2020, 6:00 AM – Jan 01, 2021, 2:40 PMCelebration Park, 701 Angel Pkwy, Allen, TX 75002, USA5K | Half Marathon | Marathon Two days of run events (New Year's Eve and New Year's Day), with beautiful race shirts and finisher medals for everyone. There's also a special perk for those who complete multiple running events over the two days – we know how runners love their bling!
- Sat, Nov 21Dinosaur Valley State Park